There are times in our lives when we feel like Jesus did on the cross– alone, wondering if God hears our prayers for help. You may be caring for a sick spouse, or have financial concerns, or worry about a son or daughter who has lost a job.
But we are Easter people – we believe that God is with us at all times, that God hears our cries for help, that we are never alone because God is our hope and our strength.
We Missionary Oblates are Easter people as well. We dedicate our lives to proclaiming the Good News that Christ is risen, that He is with us always – and that we are never, ever alone.
We feed hungry children in Asia. We speak out for the rights of the poor in South America. We visit the sick and suffering here in the United States. All because we believe in the promise of Easter, in the triumph of God’s love.
Celebrate Easter this year with my fellow Oblates and me. Here’s how:
- Send Oblate Easter cardsto loved ones or friends. Each beautiful card promises the recipient that he or she will be prayed for in a nine-day Easter Mass Novena celebrated at the National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows and receives a Easter Blessing from Fr. Madigan.
- Remind your loved ones that God is with them always – have an Easter Votive Candle lit for them at the National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows. Or you can have a Resurrection Taper Candle lit at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
- I have selected some beautiful Easter devotional gifts. Your donation toward these gifts will help poor and needy people served by the Oblates throughout the world.
- Help the Missionary Oblates bring hope to our brothers and sisters in need by making a generous donation in support of our worldwide ministries.
- Send me your personal intentions on the enclosed form and return them to me so I can have them remembered in two special Easter Novenas: one celebrated at the National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows in Belleville, Illinois and the other at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem.
May this Easter season renew your hope in the Risen Christ! Many blessings to you and your loved ones!